Monday 23 February 2009

Further Tech 3 and Test Server observations

A few little bits and pieces have changed on the test server since I last posted on this blog:

1) Attribute respecification has now been changed to a 'once a year' action. In a way, that's good for the likes of me, as it means I won't now have to worry about skill training in 6 months blocks. I'm still deciding if I want to drop a few points of willpower (my Caldari Civire original character had lots) and increase perception a point or two to get a bit faster training on my combat skills (as perception is usually primary, having a high willpower, which is typically a secondary skill isnt too useful in the grand scheme of things)

I still dont know what to do about my Charisma though - I'm fairly confident in being able to drop it to the 5 point minimum as there simply arent enough charisma based skills to make use of more points, but as I'm saying this, im slap-bang in the middle of a skill plan which has me training those self same charisma skills for my command ships and fleet boosting skills. I'm presuming any lost time I would have now from what I currently have would be made up at a later date through the higher skill point training on the higher use stats. Perhaps I will concentrate on the leadership based skills now and then respec in a month or three when I get them finished, seems to be the best of both worlds.

2) Tech 3 manufacturing seems to be getting a bit 'easier' - whilst theres still no idea how long will be spent resource gathering, it seems that CCP has identified that theres way too much variety in the different gasses, salvage and polymers involved in the manufacturing process and are reducing the number of items that are required. Whilst having lots of 'resources' makes the manufacturing process more in depth (coming from someone who used to manufacture in Star Wars Galaxies where each and every piece of material you got had about a dozen stats which affected the outcome) reducing the number of items involved helps both reduce the database load on the server (a good thing) and logistics/handling for the user (also a good thing) so it gets my thumbs up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet ty for the info bro as of yet I haven't been able to set aside some time to try some stuff on the Test server, not to mention I moved my initial copy of EVE to make a new build for singularity ( what a pain in the ass that was)

Tony "EVE's Weekend Warrior" said...

How many days let until you finish with the NH? I have only 10 days to go!

My approach will probably be the same as yours, do all the leadership skills and then drop their attributes!

@Manasi
LOL I read about that...

Karox Lominax said...

I've left the NH training behind for now - I was going to concentrate on perc/will skills for the first 6 months of attribute respecs (before it was all changed again) so was more concentrating on int/mem type skills (mainly getting the few industrial type ones I wanted like mining 5, those for the mining crystals, and my refining skills as well as astrogeology up high enough, and then the plan was to do barge 5 and exhumers once the patch hit (for the Hulk) and then spend the rest of the 6 months doing ships/missiles/guns... but now that isn't going to work that way, I'll have to have a re-think.

Tony "EVE's Weekend Warrior" said...

Haha awe. Good luck with working something out!

I really enjoyed your manufacturing article in EON, but I am having a lot of troubles finding something to build that would have a good margin...

My trading/manufacturing skill (real life skills I mean) suck...

T2 is only what I an really good at and I am waiting for the NH to finish so I can keep them going with that!